Second Chance Pet Rescue's Giving Tuesday Virtual Christmas Party
For this Giving Tuesday, we are serving up a virtual holiday party and you are not invited! Yes, it's another no show party, this time for CHRISTMAS, to benefit pets at our shelter!
It's been a rough year, but we have almost made it to 2021! We have been busy at the shelter caring for our pets and working very hard to help as many pets in need as we possibly can.
So far this year we have
- welcomed 763 animals through our shelter doors .
- we have adopted out 278 animals to their forever homes.
- we have transferred 414 pets to partner rescues in other states.
- we have sent 49 pets to foster homes so they didn't have to wait in our shelter.
- we are currently caring for 33 cats and 76 dogs in our shelter.
- we have provided low cost spay/neuter vouchers to more than 150 families to help them get their pets "fixed" and help curb the pet overpopulation problem.
- we are working with several other shelters in the area to help them and prevent euthanasia, including Tulsa Animal Welfare. We have partnered with Tulsa to accept pregnant dogs and dogs with nursing puppies and keep them safe until foster based rescue can be found.
Operating the shelter is expensive! We spend
- between $450-$600 per month on just vaccinations!
- between $3000-$8000 on veterinary expenses including spay/neuter
- more than $700 on medications, preventions and treatments.
- more than $1500 on utilities.
It feels like Covid 19 has tried hard to beat us down, but thanks to the generosity of our donors, we have survived. The struggle certainly isn't over; every day brings another phone call about another animal in need, another injured or abandoned animal who has been tossed aside and left to die, and we can't keep doing what we are doing without your support!
Every $5 donation can make a huge difference to one of our pets in needs, and you can choose to add to the $5 by selecting one of our silly party options (because we all need to smile right now!) to help our pets have a very merry and bright 2021!
Will you help us help them?